Monday, January 4, 2010

Past to Present

Here's a summary of the past couple of weeks...
For Christmas Eve the kids received their traditional gifts of Pajamas!
Rick and I did not get to bed until 4:30 in the morning. We were able to hold the kids off until about 7am but we could not convince them to wait any longer. They wanted to see if Santa came. I told them that I didn't want them to see that he didn't come and start crying. Ya I know, I'm mean =D They didn't buy that for a second. They ran down the hall and saw for themselves and same running back jumping up and down all excited. So we all went into the frontroom to see and everyone except Macy could find their big Santa gift and stocking.
Needless to say, this went on for quite a few minutes before Katie found it behind them!Santa was very good to them this year as you can see. Thank you Santa! =D
After Christmas We celebrated Rick's Birthday with our traditonal Pan-Cake breakfast and then for his official cake it was a White Chocolate candy cane cake..Yummm! It was delicious!Happy Birthday Rick! =)

And then I found a special surprise on his birthday. As I was cleaning out our closet I found mold starting to grow on the back wall of our closet! Holy Moly! So we had the joy of cleaning that out. At least Rick anyway.
Thankfully it was very minor and easily removed.
Also I learned a new skill. How to add snaps to a shirt. This was my first time and I felt I did pretty well.
I made this shirt for my youngest nephew for a Christmas gift. It turned out pretty cute.
So that is how we spent the last couple of weeks. I hope everyone had a good Christmas and their New Year will bring what they hope for. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment